Blog Archive

Friday 2 March 2018

Another analogue device for the wishlist



Ah yes, the infamous Korg Electribe series (the first ones). When I got lucky and purchased a perfectly working EM-1 one, I never knew I would be falling in love with this type of mini "Workstation". These little beasts were designed to be portable (more or less, although they can not be powered by batteries so you need an electrical outlet) so they were somewhat popular in the earlier Y2K era, especially with the DJ types. However their compact size and very powerful sound really majkes these devices quite charming and worthwhile to those who know what to do with them and put them to good use. Since I am at the moment without a properly usuable sampler (my S-330 hasn't been operated for years due to lack of space and external controller) I've had my eyes on the ES-1 from the electribe series for quite some time now. Anyway, I shall still be keeping an eye out for an affordable one of these, because over the last year or so (perhaps even longer), they've been quite expensive to acquire on the second hand market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!