Blog Archive

Monday 24 July 2017

Goodbye January Seraph

All images taken from her Facebook stream... I own zero, absolutely no rights to any of these photographs.




Today, monday the 24th of July was a sad day. Upon opening my own Facebook I discovered that January Seraph had passed away. So far there are no details surrounding her passing but the general mood around the media sites seem to be self-inflicted. This is absolutely tragic news, and has obviously left me in shock, is dissamay, in disbelief.






I will not pretend that I was her friend because, well I was not. I knew of January, and spoke to her via text messaging online on a number of occasions, always trying to be respectful of her and her presence, always trying to offer my own support in her art and craft. I will not pretend to have shared anything remotely special, as fleeting comings and goings of online exchanges are of questionable value, one always in constant flux and greatly depending on who recounts the story in which way. I will not pretend I was not quite smitten by her and very appreciative of what little exchanges she did grant with/of me, for the little exchanges we did have seemed to be real, and not strictly based on frivolous online pseudo fan-based flirtacious sentiment.






The only thing I can say is that my heartfelt sentiments go to all those she touched in her life, all those she has shared her love and pain, her feelings, her inner being, her light and her darkness. To everyone who were lucky to have shared a brief glimpse of existance with her, I send you nothing but my deepest condolences, as well as positive feelings in light of this absolutely tragic event. I can not help but be reminded of a few other people I have known here and there who have alas succumb to the cruelty and pain of being alive. I can not but help thinking of Jezebel Yum, whom I had always wished I could have been there to help her in her own trying times. Now I feel a similar impotence with January, wondering if there was anything I could have done to help her in her trying times, if my presence would have brought a little bit of a push towards the happier side of the spectrum. Alas, in my own insecurities, I never allowed myself to communicate more regularly with her, what by being just another fanboy and such, and yet I somehow feel the great loss now even if it is but from an online contact. I am at a loss for words and there is nothing I can say or write right now until there are more details surrounding this event. To quote the character of Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager, to the character played by actor Brad Dourrif: "I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr. Suder. May your death bring you the peace you never found in life. "


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!