Blog Archive

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Just remebered Paul Vincent Raven

Yeah I know, it's sort of out of the blue, and these blues they get to me sometimes (especially when I listen to Killing Joke...)









It's been 10 years already since the passing of Paul Vincent Raven, best remembered as Killing Joke's second bass player, but who also collaborated all over the place with Prong, Mob Research, Murder Inc, and even Ministry to name a few. I discovered Killing Joke during the Raven years (NightTime era to be exact) and he was the main reason why I wanted to play bass. There was something about his sound and his style which was in no way extravagantly exagerated but was unique enough for me to notice above all else. I was sort of "out of it" 10 years ago when he passed and only realized it much later, to much chagrin, obviously. Contrary to what many would have imagined, he apparently was a very generous and loving being, what many would consider to be somewhat of a contrast to what his own outer image would project (or how the general public would perceive). In any case he is indeed sorely missed and I often stop and remember his contributions to the music world as well as how I am now at the age of his passing. He was much too young and shall never be forgotten.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!