Blog Archive

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Great album covers: Einstürzende Neubauten ‎"Kollaps" (1981)

Although the front cover itself is NOT what I wanted to showcase for this post about good looking album covers (in my opinion) - see below:


... it is actually the BACK cover of this album which I find more interesting:






Many of course make the parallels with the infamous Pink Floyd "Ummagumma" album cover which, about a decade or so earlier, had a similar thematic of having their instruments laid down on the pavement next to a tour bus (or Something like that). I was mostly unaware of Pink Floyd's experimental album back in the day so I couldn't actually do a comparisson with this back cover. All I knew is that for some reason this spoke to me and make it rather more impressive to show the band's then primitive and DIY noise objects used in their recordings. Of course, the music on their first official release was very difficult and quite primitive (lacking any type of lush production), but it worked well considering these guys were amongst the first "industrial" and "noise" pioneers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!