Blog Archive

Monday 11 February 2019

Great album covers: Mika Vainio's "Onko"







Many years ago I used to spend a day per week as well as get most of my musical products from this man who used to live in the Outremont area of the 514. Our tastes were rather similar but we did clash on a few things. Anyway, one day I discovered he had this album on CD in his collection, Mika Vainio's "Onko". Now back in those days, I was (and still am) a die-hard Panasonic fan, and anything I could get as side projects from the duo as well was a high priority. I kept hassling him to "sell" me his Onko CD seeing as how he was not as much a fan as I was, but he kept holding on to it, week after week, month after month, saying stuff like he'd have to give it a good spin before deciding what to do with it. Well years have passed, I lost touch with him (he was becoming quite a negative experience in my life) and eventually started purchasing music online since record stores were closing up faster than a bar at 3h00am on a Monday night. I managed to score a copy of Onko on CD at a reasonable price, and always thought that the cover was quite magnificient in it's minimalism. The music on the CD itself could be considered strictly minimalist as well, and such perhaps the visual aspect of the cover lends itself quite perfectly. Anyway, I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!