Blog Archive

Tuesday 5 March 2019

another great cover by S.R.G.: Netwerk Sound Sampler (compilation)



Like I said yesterday, there are just so many incredibly iconic and mesmerizing album covers designed by Steven R. Gilmour (SRG), and I had to showcase one which was quite evocative and in this case, representative. In fact I may go so far as to say (but I can not be held entirely accounteable as this is not information that is etched in stone or anything of the sort) that this album cover right here may possibly be the one which has influenced me the most and on which I pretty much "ripped-off" most of my own early album covers for the pre-Wreck Age Half-Trak cassettes (and maybe even earlier than that with the Tôme IV material). More below....




This compilation was meant to offer a glimpse into some of Netwerk's bands at the time, and it featured mostly "accoustic" bands on side A (except for an edited version of Tear Garden's "Ophélia" and Moev's better version of "Wanting", whereas side B featured their more electronic and industrial bands. Anyway, the album design is Something which I have always found myself very attracted to, and as I said, I often tried to copy the general design motif on my own album covers, except on real-sized cassette formats. And yes, this is another one of those that if I could find dirt cheap I would most deffinately frame and display somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!