Blog Archive

Sunday 21 April 2019

Techno Animal became Zonal?

Yes, Zonal!






Techno Animal was always a band/project I had a slight inkling for. In the 90s I was eposed to them via their second album, the double CD (yes, a DOUBLE CD release!) clocking at about 2 and a half hours entitled "Re-Entry". I since then followed everything I could of them, including their last album "Brotherhood Of The Bomb" which featured half the album's tracks with rapper guest vocalists, Something I was not too keen on. Anyway I won't go into détails about who Techno Animal were, under what other names they recorded, and which of their releases were tight versus other less-than-stellar ones, but suffice it to say that the project official disbanded in 2004 with a one-time-only reunion show in 2017. However what is intriguing is that they decided to continue their venture under the new name Zonal, perhaps in an attempt to disassociate their namesake with the "techno" movement, as their name was always meant to be moreof a technological animal than a "techno" (as a genre) animal. In any case, I seriously need to hunt this release down! Cheers, and I hope you are enjoying your month of april!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!