Blog Archive

Monday 27 May 2019

Great album covers: Manufacture "Terror Vision"

Another one from the famed Stephen R. Gilmore artist who made a boat load of excellent and unforgettable album covers for the Netwerk label back in the 80s, including another one which I consider as iconic as others I have shared here on this blog: Manufacture's debut full length album "Terrorvision"


Not only is this cover signature Gilmore material but each track has it's own little image lifted from various screens of a TV set, long before the days of the internet, long before the days of screenshots and vidcaps (does anyone still use those terms?). I think it was that aspect that grabbed me - the fact that each song seemed to have a mini movie captured in one image, 5 on the front and 5 on the back (to signify side A and B, obviously!). Anyway, it's another great album design and one which I myself still own today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!