Blog Archive

Friday 24 May 2019

THEY LIVE: The video game!







Anyone who knows me knows I am a John Carpenter fan, and yes, that also means I am quite the fan of his 1988 outing "They Live", which has been getting more and more exposure over the last couple of years due to it's rather relevant and relevatory nature in today's post Y2K consumer society. Now I am not one of those who claim that "They Live" was about denouncing a specific creed or belief, but I do believe that the basic underlying theme of the film does represent quite adequately our roles as "cattle" to the less than 1% who control the world through corporations-governments-media.







Anyway a while ago I found this fake video game image someone made which mocks up the "Double Dragon" game from the 80s arcades into "They Live" with Nada and Frank, against the "elite" that only they can see. I thought it was quite well made and even though it has been online for quite some time, I thought I would re-share here on my blog, for kicks' sake. Below is a short clip from the film, the street preacher's mologue which pretty much sums up part of my philosophy ...




`






No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? You too are subject to possible censorship!